Thursday 4 August 2016

When to Splurge vs When to Save - Part I

Sometimes, you can justify the extra cost of designer makeup based on the added benefits of pricier brands, such as increased pigmentation, better fragrance, or a better applicator. However, as this is not always the case, I thought it best to share with you - in 2 parts - When to Spurlge vs When to Save!!!

1. Blush
Designer or Drugstore: Drugstore

Many powder-based blushes have the same ingredients; you really don’t need to splurge on pricey designer brands.

NYX and Milani are my go to blushes.

2. Mascara
Designer or Drugstore: Either

Personally, mascara is one of my favorite products. Therefore, I’m sometimes willing to pay more for a designer brand that I know and love – the cost per wear is fairly low, even with the added premium of a designer name tag.  Thing is mascara is one of the most common makeup products at the drugstore, so there are plenty to try on a budget.  The trick is to find the best mascara that gives you what you need.

My designer mascara is Too Faced - Better Than Sex and my drugstore fav is Maybelline's Colossal Glam Black

3. Lipstick
Designer or Drugstore: Designer

A good lipstick relies on excellent pigmentation and good wear throughout the day. Buying a more expensive lipstick can get you ideal color payoff again and again, so it’s often worth splurging. You tend to benefit from add-ins such as shea butter and other moisturizers the better brands include. However, you can nab cheaper shades for trendy colors you want to try, but aren’t yet willing to commit to.

So my Dose of Colors - Berry Me is usually my big splurge, however at TTD20 a pop LA Girl's Matte Flat Velvet Lipstick has recently stolen the show for me...lol

Look out for Part II of this series...


No comments:

Post a Comment